Teaching period: 08.01.18 – 19.01.18
Number of days (travel days not included): 12
Level: BA, MA are welcome to apply as well.
Number of ECTS credits: 2
Number of study places: 2
Application deadline: 20 November 2017
How to apply: send a short introduction and motivation statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
A communal course for all departments at the Iceland Academy of the Arts where students work in mixed groups within the same framework. During the course period, the groups work on the composition of works or events where the integration of different ideas and methods is the aim. There are discussions and lectures in relation to the course subject and teachers structure the development and presentation of the projects. The course seeks to explore the possibilities of the different artistic fields when a dialogue takes place between them on the basis of one common theme/project.
What kind of skills/training can students expect to achieve (learning outcome):
- Be aware of the the connections between different artistic forms and be able to utilise these creatively,
- Be able to share their knowledge and experience with colleagues from other fields,
- Know how to apply appropriate methods in a collaborative creative process,
- Have developed broadmindedness in their work and collaborations,
- Have gained the skill to utilise their common experiences for artistic execution.
Requirements: The course is open to all BA and MA degree students at Norteas institutions.
Teacher(s): Various theachers from all the departments of the IAA. This year the Dialogue is lead by the Performing Arts department and the course coordinator is Karl Thorbergsson, performance maker and assistant professor.